Home

How to take astrophotography with Nikon D5300

Not every camera is equipped with this setting, but luckily the Nikon D3500 Astrophotography camera is. Bulb mode takes photos at a shutter speed for however long you choose. Your camera will stay in bulb mode for as long as you hold down the shutter-release button. This could take anywhere from 30 minutes to a few hours Astrophotography with a Nikon D5300. Pretty starscape photos do not require pricy equipment and accessories. An entry-level DSLR, a tripod and two lenses, a wide and a tele, will do a fine job for rewarding constellation photos. As the night sky is (ideally) dark, we will need extended exposure times of up to 30 seconds and high sensitivity. On 12/06/2015 at 04:26, stevewanstall said: I have just started using my Nikon D5300 for Astrophotography. I have been wondering what to do with the settings for: 1 High ISO Noise Reduction, 2 Long Exposure Noise Reduction 3 Active D Lighting At the moment I set these to 'Off' because I thought they might interfere with the RAW data collected Here is the easy way to learn milky way photography with your budget camera like Nikon D5300. This 5 minutes tutorial video will give you the basic and super..

Nikon D780 Full-frame DSLR for Creators: Rugged, FX 24

5 Nikon D5300 Astrophotography Tips For Better Image

1. Milky Way with Nikon D5300 Best ISO. Jul 16, 2018. Hi everyone. I have been reading up and have seen the D5300 being touted as a pretty decent astrophotography camera with low read noise and the best ISO to use would be ISO 200. However, the forums I have read make use of trackers and guides to take the photos
  2. Milky Way with Nikon D5300 best ISO - posted in DSLR, Mirrorless & General-Purpose Digital Camera DSO Imaging: Hi everyone. I have been reading up and have seen the D5300 being touted as a pretty decent astrophotography camera with low read noise and the best ISO to use would be ISO 200. However, it seems that those posters I have read of make use of trackers and guides to take the photos
  3. I'm going to say no. I've tried using two different Nikon cameras for astrophotography, the D3000 and the D5000. While the 5300 is somewhat better than both of these, there are still reasons I would not recommend it. First, DSLR's in general are n..
Astro-modded Nikon D5300 6200 Clicks w/ Nikon 50mm 1

Astrophotography with a Nikon D5300 - insula astr

How do I take flats with Nikon D5300 - posted in Beginning Deep Sky Imaging: I use backyard Nikon for camera control. It appears that there is no AV mode for the camera. How should I take my flats. Someone told me to stay in manual mode and set shutter speed to about 2 seconds using the same ISO as used with the subs and darks.. Ill be using the white computer screen method Shooting time-lapse sequences is similar to shooting a single image in that exposure is based on the shooting conditions. For time-lapse photography of the stars in the night sky, use an aperture of about f/5.6 if the moon is full, f/2.8 if the moon is not full. In manual exposure mode, shoot a test shot at 10 seconds

Using a Nikon D5300 - Getting Started With Imaging

1. Nikon D5300 For Dummies Cheat Sheet. In this article. By Julie Adair King. With the D5300 camera, Nikon proves once again that you don't have to give an arm and a leg — or strain your back and neck — to enjoy dSLR photography. The D5300 addition to the Nikon family of dSLRs doesn't skimp on power or performance, offering a great set of.
  2. e just bought a Nikon D5300 for doing astrophotography because of it's great reputation for this type of shooting. There seems to be some debate over what is the best ISO setting for this particular camera for astro work
  3. Learn how to setup your Nikon D5300 for portraits, sports, landscapes, nature, animals and more. Easy to follow, step-by-step cheat sheets show you exactly which modes and autofocus settings to use with your D5300. Get out of auto and get control of your camera using tried-and-true recipes. Print or save to your phone
  4. The longer nights at this time of year provides an excellent opportunity to have a go at some star photography with your Nikon camera and Nikkor lenses, if the skies are nice and clear of course
  5. NEW: follow me on instagram - https://www.instagram.com/realworldpicts/After receiving many requests to shoot the stars (astrophotography) with entry level.
Amazing astrophotography in a light-polluted city - Go-pixL

Learn Milky Way Photography in 5 Minutes with Nikon D5300

In astrophotography, it is common practice to finish images with image-processing software. Shoot with the JPEG fine, and if out-of-the-camera image quality doesn't satisfy you, there's a plenty of room to explore in RAW image processing. 4. Set the Long exposure NR to [On], and the High ISO NR to [Low] Filmed with a iPhone6. A typical night including setup and imaging with the Celestron SLT 130 and Nikon camera. Pictures from that night at the end As a preface, the bare minimum you will need to take an astrophotography image like the one below is a DSLR Camera (here are some of the ones I recommend), a basic camera lens, and a sturdy tripod.DSLR astrophotography is gaining popularity across the globe, as modern digital cameras make the hobby so much easier than it used to be in the days of film

Learn how to take photos of the night sky, constellations, and deep sky objects like the Orion Nebula in this beginner's guide to astrophotography, with Lee. I found the 600 rule to be not working so good and chose to use the 300 rule instead. According to this, you can leave the shutter open for about 11 seconds at 18mm (Tests with my Nikon d5300, which is very similar, confirmed that you cannot go much above 11-13 seconds before the stars start trailing) Vlog to find out whether the Nikon D5300 can handle low light. Watch and find out!Nostalgia by Tobu https://soundcloud.com/7obuCreative Commons — Attribution.. I want to use my Nikon D5300 for Astrophotography. I currently have the 18-140mm and the 18-300mm Nikon Lenses. I have been told that Wide Angle is better for this kind of shooting so I am considering the Nikon 35mm f/1.8G AF-S DX Lens for Nikon Digital SLR Cameras or the Tokina 11-16mm f/2.8 AT-X116 Pro DX II Digital Zoom Lens (AF-S Motor) (for Nikon Cameras) Friday 13 Full Moon, Nikon D5300. Jun 15, 2014. Using a Nikon D5300, prime focus to an 89mm Questar telescope, the Strawberry Moon was shot. This is a single shot, RAW, ISO 250, 1/200 sec. Next Friday the 13 moon in 2098. Processed with Paint Shop Pro X6, 64 bit. Shutter speed

Canon EF 11-24mm Lens Review: Night Nikon D5600 Photography

Milky Way with Nikon D5300 Best ISO: Astrophotography Talk

Recently, I bought myself a Nikon D3500 and decided to give astrophotography a try. I did some research and created a step by step guide. Follow these steps to photograph the night sky with a Nikon D3500. 1. Get the equipment you need. Because you clicked on this article, I can safely assume that you have a Nikon D3500 camera The Nikon 1 J5 featuring backside illumination image sensor is the best option for astrophotography use. The camera's compact and lightweight body makes an excellent companion for casual shooting of the stars, and despite the smaller size, its image sensor size is more than adequate to produce beautiful images of the starry sky 2. Selecting the spot to take your picture. The darker the place, the better it is. Taking stars pictures in your back yard is possible, however for better results select a place away from city lights. Those lights tend to pollute the image and make the stars less visible. 3. Camera settings. First, try to use a lens with a large aperture

Milky Way with Nikon D5300 best ISO - DSLR, Mirrorless

Miscellaneous Astrophotography Gear. Flashlight - For obvious reasons.It's going to be dark when you're shooting. Remote Shutter Release - This helps to eliminate any camera shake caused by pressing the shutter, and is also a necessity for star trail photography. Extra Batteries - You can end up taking a lot of images in astrophotography, and the colder night air will drain your. Free 2-day Shipping On Millions of Items. No Membership Fee. Shop Now Posted January 1, 2017. I've heard good things about the D5300 for AP, the sensor is quite sensitive and I believe it doesn't suffer from the 'star eater' noise reduction problem in earlier Nikons. However, I don't know how easy it would be to get one modded (filter removal to improve Ha responsiveness) if you wanted that done at some point Astrophotography Technical Forums / Equipment / Long exposures with nikon D5300; Long exposures with nikon D5300. Ivan Bosnar # 25 May, 2016 08:20 Hi all, I bought the nikon d5300 recently and I having hard time understanding how to make for example 20 exposures of 3 minutes. It has the interval shooting feature inside that allows you to take.

Is the Nikon D5300 good for astrophotography? - Quor

Nikon D810 Nikon D7200 Nikon AF Nikkor 85mm f/1.8D Nikon AF-S DX Nikkor 18-140mm F3.5-5.6G ED VR Nikon AF-S DX Nikkor 16-80mm F2.8-4E ED VR +20 more Nikon D5300 Nikon D800 If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form Nevertheless, when you are aiming at astrophotography remember, that best ISO starts from 3200 (I am taking into account at least 15sec exposure) and you may experience some noises. The time exposure in D5300 has a range from 1/4000 sec to 30sec. You can use the bulb mode also. See the pictures below How do I get started in Astrophotography? (6 answers) Closed 5 years ago. I just bought my first DSLR camera Nikon D5300 and currently I only have the kit lenses. I am looking to get some new ones soon to use them to take pictures of the moon and maybe even the stars. As the options out there are countless, can anyone suggest to me the best.

Orion Nebula WITHOUT a Star Tracker or Telescope, Start to Finish, DSLR Astrophotography - Duration: 1:54:29. Nebula Photos 195,305 views. Nikon D5300 Review - The Good,. I must admit, I never used Astroberry to take flats or bias with my Nikon D7500 because it was quicker to do this manually by holding down the shutter button on the camera itself. I just used Astroberry for controlling the taking of Lights but still only used the raw NEF files on the camera The Nikon D3S and D700 are two of my favorites. Buy the fastest lens you can afford. The 14-24mm f/2.8, 24-70mm f/2.8, and 70-200mm f/2.8 are my three favorites for shooting lightning. Invest in a remote control-cable like the Nikon MC-36 Multi-Function Remote Cord [replaced the MC-20 which Jim uses—Editor] or the Nikon ML-3 Compact Modulite. I usually take my dark frames while I am packing up all my stuff at the end of the night. So if your shots were 30 seconds, ISO 1600 take a few dark frames at those settings. Shooting Star Trails. Star trails in black and white - Nikon D700, 24mm, f/4, 6x11min exposures stacked (66min), ISO 64 The Nikon D5300 has a well-earned reputation as one of the lowest noise DSLR cameras used for Astrophotography. Now that I have a new Nikon D7500, I was keen to see how it compared to the D5300 in terms of the level of read noise and the extent to which that read noise is non-random ( and thus needs to be removed using a Master Bias frame to.

Photographing space can come with complications. However, you don't need to break the bank with enough cameras and equipment to fund an entire NASA space program. Some cameras to consider for the DSLR camera bodies are the Canon EOS Rebel T7i, the Canon EOS 80a, the Nikon D5300 or the Nikon D7500. If you lean toward a dedicated astronomy. Here is my question: Comparing 2 kit lenses for Nikon: 18-55mm vs 18-140mm, the 18-140 has a significantly larger diameter front end (more light gathering?). Both are f3.5. So is 18-140 better than 18-55 at 18mm end for photographing milky way? or the same? I am planning a Milky way shoot and wanted to know which lens i should take In this post, we show you every piece of equipment you need to start astrophotography the right way. We will suggest several cameras, telescopes, mounts and accessories that will fit in your budget so that you can build yourself the perfect Astrophotography rig

Camera settings for Meteor Showers. We spoke with professional photographer Diana Robinson who does a lot of night sky photography including photographing meteors, the milky way, stars and star trails; and Nikon's own Paul Van Allen who also often photographs the night sky including star trails, meteors and the Milky Way You can take it a lot further with astrophotography, star trails and perfect star shots too. Here are some other articles on Light Stalking where you might like to start. What are the best settings on the nikon d5300 for moon shots, I am planning on using my nikon 70-300mm lens. Reply. Allen Douglas says: April 23, 2018 at 8:39 pm.

How do I take flats with Nikon D5300 - Beginning Deep Sky

This is also the best option if your subject is likely to move closer or further away from your camera in the time it takes you to focus and recompose. Learn more: 10 surefire ways to get yours. Life Pixel - Nikon D5300 DIY Digital Infrared Conversion Tutorial. Share. Pin. Tweet. Email. Share. 74 Shares. Disclaimer: This tutorial is intended for experienced professionals and made available to you for informational purposes only. Tampering with your camera will void your manufacturer's warranty. If you decide to perform the. Just got back my Nikon D5300 after having the Astrophotography (H-Alpha) conversion. I live in Ontario, Canada. It took less than one week for the camera to arrive at Kolari Vision. It took a full week before they shipped it back to me. It then took a little more than a week for it to arrive at my home Posted January 4, 2013. Depends on your target, but I don't believe you'll have the option to set the aperture if you connect your camera body to the scope using the prime focus method, so you'll be using the aperture of the scope. For the moon, try ISO 100 and a shutter speed somewhere around 1/100. If it's too bright, try a faster shutter speed

Nikon D5300 Subject is too dark override. I finally made my purchase of a Nikon D5300 with the 18-140 kit lense. I researched the proper methods to shoot fireworks so I thought I would give it a try. Basically I was in Manual Mode, F8 (tried all fstops), Iso100, in Bulb Mode The NIKKOR lenses are all designed to meet Nikon's strict standards, and they win acclaim from astrophotography enthusiasts from all over the world. The superior performance of a NIKKOR lens working together with a Nikon camera makes a perfect partner for you as you explore the world of astrophotography Target: M106 Date: 2021-04-09 Location: Caprock Canyons State Park, TX (Bortle class 2). Mount: IOptron SkyGuider Pro Camera: Nikon D5300 astromod Scope: William Optics Zenithstar 61II + Field Flattener FLAT61A Focal/Aperture: 360 mm @ f/5.9. Lights: 38x180s (total exposure: 1h54) Calibration frames: none ISO 800 Stacked in DDS and Processed in GIMP: 1- Histogram stretching / Level adjustments. I bought it a few years ago for general photo taking. I went to a very dark area last night and was curious what kind of photos it could take. I couldn't take a single photo of the night sky. I tried to adjust the shutter speed, aperture, and ISO. I had the camera on a tripod. Every time I clicked to take a photo, the LCD screen displayed an.

Photographing the Night Sky Niko

Here's a useful tip: adapters are available to convert old manual-focus Olympus, Nikon, Pentax, Contax/Yashica, and screwmount lenses to work on your Canon EOS or Nikon DSLRs. Because autofocus doesn't work for deep-sky astrophotography, you can use old manual-focus lenses that are much less expensive than the newest lenses on the market It is as good as it can get for an entry level DSLR. It has everything you need to get really good long exposures. The D5300 was the first entry level camera that has a Time mode. With this, you can take photos for as long as 30 minutes. The exp.. However, if you want to take pictures during the day or with autofocus, the Sigma should be your choice instead (and, other than the coma issue, is a better lens optically). Although the Nikon is a wonderful lens, you don't need to pay $2000 to get a good 24mm f/1.4, so it is hard to recommend unless you already own it. 1.13. Nikon 24mm f/1. From Korean manufacturer Samyang's XP stable of premium manual-focus prime lenses for Canon and Nikon full-frame cameras, this 14mm f/2.4 is the most ideal for astrophotography. The lens is sold as the Rokinon SP 14mm f/2.4 in North America. The high-quality glass is neatly wrapped in a really solid casing Nikon D5300: 200 (try 400 as well) 12.6: Nikon D5500: 100 - Experiment suggest 200. 14.0: Nikon D7000: 100 - But check 200. I get reports saying Nikon ISO100 is 'funny' 13.6: Nikon D7100: 200 (try 400 as well) 12.9: Nikon D600: 200 (check 800 as well since read noise graph seems to suggest this) 13.1: Nikon D610: 200 - 400: 13.2: Nikon D700.

Nikon D5300 For Dummies Cheat Sheet - dummie

Nikon D5300 users - what is optimum ISO setting for astro

Nikon D5300, Nikon 50mm f/1.8 G, FotoPro C5C Tripod. Dynamic Range - Even with a maximum push to shadows, no significant color shifts or banding appear! The last image above is an HDR of 2-EV bracketed images, to demonstrate the difference from the previous one-shot HDR I have a Nikon d5500, which according to the charts should be 100-200 ISO. I am new to astrophotography with a Samyang 16mm f/2.0 lens. I have had moderate success at 1600 or 3200 IS0, f/2.0, and shutter speed 20″ BackyardEOS is software dedicated for astrophotography use with Canon cameras. There is also a version for the Nikon if you have one. This software is essential if you are taking the astrophotography seriously. It has a lot of options with exposure plans, controlling the camera, focusing, telescope controlling and many more

Nikon D5300 Cheat Sheet Best Settings for the Nikon D530

Using M43 Cameras for Gobsmacking Astrophotography – M43

The Nikon d7000 was a hit in the astrophotography field when it came out. The entire Meade ETX community loved the Nikon Cassiopeia Observatory - Report I don't know what else to say other than the d7100 replaces the d7000 But just search the internet on astrophotography and nikon d7000 d7100 and canon 70d And make your own decision A notable exception to the DSLR/mirrorless rule are cameras like the Nikon P900. This camera has a zoom lens equivalent to a 2000+ mm lens on a full-frame camera. Take a test shot and check Astrophotography filters are necessary for capturing the astral objects in the sky. If you try to capture the night sky without using filters, you. Camera. D500, D750, D7100, D5300. Re: Help with astrophotography P900. @ homeless_dingo The f is how big or small the aperture is opened to allow more or less light into the camera. A higher f value means that the hole is smaller allowing less light to get into your camera to the sensor. The lower the f value the larger the hole.

Achievements. Re: Help with astrophotography P900. Cant see your exif data so not sure what settings you used. There are no perfect settings for star pics. If you take pics at exposures longer than around 20 - 25 secs then you will see the stars are stretched into star trails due to the earths rotation Lightdow 420-800mm f/8.3 Manual Zoom Telephoto Lens + T-Mount for Nikon D5500 D3300 D3200 D5300 D3400 D7200 D750 D3500 D7500 D500 D600 D700 D800 D810 D850 D3100 D5100 D5200 D7000 D7100 Camera Lenses High-Power 420-1600mm f/8.3 HD Manual Telephoto Lens for Nikon D500, D600, D610, D700, D750, D800, D800e, D810, D810a, D850, D3400, D5000, D5100. Autoguiding with a LX-200? - posted in Meade Computerized Telescopes: Forgive my ignorance, but I was just reading the spec of the LX-200 14 and it says it has an autoguiding port (presumably for astrophotography). Yet it has an AltAz fork mount. I thought you couldnt really do AP with an altaz mount? Obviously I am mistaken, but would anyone be able to explain to me how thats done (i.e. how. How to make Celestron's \Starsense\ WORK!Laura Wells Astrophotography Celestron Nexstar 8SE Nikon D5300 + Unexplained Objects Celestron Nexstar 8\ SE Setup AstroPhotography with Celestron Edge HD 8\ - Part 1/4 Pimping My NexStar 8 GPS Venus Through Celestron NexStar 8SE Telescope Astrophotography How to set up Celestron StarSense AutoAlign.

Photographing the night sky requires lots of light. The problem is there isn't any, well there is but not very much. So you need to capture as much as you can. As with all aspects of photography. You have 3 aspects to exposing a photograph. Shutte.. Important Nikon note: Some of the Nikon models (D5000, D5100, D5200, D5300, D5500, D5600, D90, D80, D60, D40, Df) doesn't allow to use the AV dial mode without attached lens.For these models Light Auto is useless and also for Flats there is need to enable the option Advanced Bias/Flats and enter exposure duration. You can use the Shoot button the Histogram to find the right exposure Nikon D5300 + Samyang 35mm f1.4 on a Sky Watcher Star Adventurer Finally you are going to need a solid tripod and a few peripheral accessories, I've bought two Dolica ZX600B103 tripods which are $100 off Amazon, come with a nice ballhead, are very lightweight, and are more than stable enough to take long tracked exposures of the sky with a. Nikon D750, Nikon 24-120mm f/4 VR, Slik 700DX tripod. 15 sec shutter speed at f/8, ISO 3200 @ 30mm. This 100% crop shows that the stars have turned into slight trails. To avoid this, photographers previously relied upon a simple rule-of-thumb, which is to take the number 500 and divide it by your focal length

How to Get Sharp and In Focus Stars in Starscape Photos

Astrophotography is not like conventional photography. It's not enough to just get an adapter and connect your camera to your telescope. And while you say 8″ telescope, you don't say much more about it. Is it a Newtonian? A Dobsonian Newt? A Schmi.. Best Cameras for Deep Sky. Nikon Z6; Nikon Z6 II; Canon EOS R6; Deep-sky astrophotography includes the real jewels of the night sky - star clusters, nebulae and galaxies. These objects require long-exposures and low-noise cameras with long-focal-length lenses or telescopes and a polar-aligned tracking mount A DSLR camera can be attached to your telescope using a T-Ring that locks on to the camera body like a lens, and an adapter that threads on to the T-Ring. The prime-focus adapter is inserted into the focus tube of the telescope just like an eyepiece. The T-Ring must match the lens mount design of your camera so that it can properly lock on to. DSLR Camera Settings for Astrophotography Canon 20Da top LCD with backlight for viewing in the dark. Camera settings. These settings are usually set with controls on the top or back of the camera, but depending on the model or manufacturer, may be set in menus. Your camera's controls may be different, but the basic settings will be the same If you really want to take that next step in controlling your photography, it is essential that you understand not only how to control the Nikon D5300's professional modes, but why you are controlling them. Rob Sylvan explores Program Mode, Shutter Priority Mode, Aperture Priority Mode, and Manual Mode

The Best Nikon for Night Photography - BorrowLenses Blog

The process. The basic process for capturing deep-sky images is this: You shoot multiple, long-exposure photographs with your DSLR through a tracking telescope. You then combine the images together to improve the signal to noise ratio. Image processing is then needed to bring out the fine details in the object, and correct the levels. Depends upon what kind of night photography you wish to do: * Night portraits * Night city skyline * Road and traffic trails * Star photography * A few other scenarios In most cases you will need a tripod because the shutter speed will be slow. I. Here are some tips on how to do astrophotography with your N90 and 70-300mm lens. Stabilize the camera/lens You will not be able to take photos of any night sky objects, other than the moon, at shutter speeds that will allow you to handhold your camera. A sturdy tripod that won't blow around in the wind is the minimum requirement January 11, 2014 at 12:12 pm. The DSLR lens has to maintain a proper distance from the sensor in order to form an image (i.e., to focus). With a T-adapter in place,the lens will be moved a little farther from the sensor, and thus, will no longer be able to reach focus (the T-adapter acts as a 'spacer')

The flat lens hood design allows you to easily take flat frames with the Rokinon 135mm using the white t-shirt method or using a flat panel. I should mention that I have only tested this full-frame lens using my astrophotography DSLR's, all of which are crop-sensor camera bodies Some astrophotography tips: Shoot as wide of an angle as possible (16mm), unless you have something specific in mind. We are a community that discusses all things Nikon cameras and lenses. Feel free to ask a question, or post a photo taken with your Nikon camera and lens. Photo submissions must include the camera and lens used to take the shot For me, my go-to setup is my trusty Nikon D850 and one of three lenses, the 24-70mm f/2.8, 70-200mm f/2.8, or 200-500mm f/5.6. The key thing to keep in mind with lens choice is that you're shooting the night sky, which involves low-light situations, so a wide aperture can be very helpful

Updated: Nikon D850 sample gallery: Digital Photography Review

Go Remote. This one is mainly for anyone using the Nikon p900 for astrophotography but a decent, cheap, wireless remote control compatible with the p900 is a great investment for your image quality. It allows you to remotely trigger your camera to capture your photographs without having to actually touch your camera rig Using my Nikon D5300 camera and Nikon 70-300mm f4.5-5.6 zoom lens, I was capturing images about an hour or two after sunrise one morning when a lone finch flew into the frame, landing on the shrub as you see here. It only sat there for a second or two before flying away. long enough for me to grab this shot Now, adjust your exposure settings and take a shot. Review the photo and ensure you're still in good focus. Periodically check your focus; the lens can creep. Changes in temperature can cause focus to shift. Etc. Things tend to stabilize, but astrophotographers will typically check focus every hour or so, or every few degrees of temperature change EP-5; For EN-EL9 battery replacement in Nikon D40, D40X, D60. The official Nikon adapters are said to be a bit 'wonky' at the connection between the battery adapter and either the AC adapter or the battery pack. Also, like with all official Nikon accessories, they are way more expensive than 3rd party alternatives If you want to take your milky way photography to the next level then you will probably want to go beyond our short blog post and into a detailed guide like Milky Way Mastery by Josh Dunlop. Take a look at it here. As you can see, you don't need a whole lot of specialized equipment in order to be successful in astrophotography

Your camera and these 3 accessories (dew heater, DC adapter and tank battery) make a powerful astrophotography bundle that you can easily take anywhere. Focusing is one of the most important steps, and your images should always be reviewed on a big computer screen before committing an entire night to the current settings Nikon D5300 - 24.2 Megapixels with a newer microchip than the 5200 and better capabilities. Rokinon 14mm manual focus lens - It might be manual focus only, but it performs well at night, when auto-focus is not needed. Rokinon 24mm manual focus lens - See above - another great performer at a low price Gosky Metal 1.25'' Telescope Camera T-Adapter and Nikon T2 T-Ring Adapter for Nikon DSLR SLR (Fits Nikon D90, D80, D70, D60, D50, D40x, D40, D800, D700 and All Nikon SLR Cameras 4.2 out of 5 stars 26 Another lens I should throw in is the venerable Nikon 14-24 f/2.8, a phenomenal lens for Nikon or Canon (with an adapter). If you have the means, or just happen to have this lens already, you certainly don't need the Rokinon 14mm. The Nikon has very little coma and is probably the greatest wide angle ever made What you need to take jaw-dropping pictures of stars. To take your star pictures, you only need three things: a full-frame camera (for better ISO capabilities) a fisheye lens (for the widest view of the sky) a tripod (for stability during 15 second photos) (Note: You can do this with a cropped sensor camera, without a tripod, and without a.

David Goldstein (dagoldst) shares more of his experience in Astrophotography, this time talking about the camera and supporting software. David Goldstein (dagoldst) shares more of his experience in Astrophotography, this time talking about the camera and supporting software. nikonians. Even though we ARE Nikon lovers,we are NOT affiliated with. The Nikon D5300 continues to use their excellent 24.2MP sensor with EXPEED 4 processor, and also boasts a maximum ISO sensitivity of 25,600. Perfect for those who find themselves shooting in low light often. It also introduces some fun new creative effects, but the biggest addition is the articulating LCD screen and integrated GPS along with. In particular, the Nikon D5300 offers a lot of performance for its very low price (and no longer eats stars as some early Nikons did), and some Sony, Pentax, and Olympus DSLRs are worth looking at. But don't choose a DSLR or mirrorless ILC at random; check the Web and make sure astrophotographers are successfully using the one you want Nikon D5300 Zoom Lenses Nikon AF-S DX Nikkor 16-85mm f3.5-5.6G ED VR. This is the most balanced and versatile standard zoom lens you will find for your DSLR. Thanks to the Nikon VR II image stabilization, it provides extremely sharp stills and videos. It delivers incredible optical performance in any setting BackyardNIKON is Windows only software! Take control over your Nikon DSLR. Purpose built for astrophotography. There is no separate download for the Trial, Classic, or Premium Edition